Whilst today’s green roofs have really gone beyond the basic rooftop garden, a lot of the key pricipals that make them work still apply. They have to be beautiful, green, vegetative, healthy and easy to look after with out much work.
In order to get the benefits of a green roof, or a rooftop garden, the plants must be healthy and look good.
The University of Western Sydney in Austrailia conducted research that had similar results as a USA Texas study which shows that many of Ozbreed’s native plants do just as well, if not better when compared to introduced succulents.
These studies also show that organics are a viable low maintenance option for green roofs.
Now designers are able to create a way more functional and visually appealing green roof.
Here are the Top 5 performing plants from the Australian and US based trial:
1. SharaTM Lomandra fluviatilis ‘ABU7’PBR Click here
2. MundiTM Westringia fruticosa ‘WES05′ PBR Click here
3. YareenaTM Myoporum parvifolium ‘PARV01’PBR Click here
4. Tanika® Lomandra longifolia ‘LM300’ PBR Click here
5. Double GoldTM Gazania hybrid ‘GT20’ PBR (replacement for Tiny Tom) Click here