- Water thoroughly and regularly after EMPIRE™ ZOYSIA has been laid to encourage a deep and vigorous root system (turf will be able to fossick for water and therefore be more able to withstand hot dry conditions).
- Once the root system has fully established, water thoroughly only when needed-when a slight wilting is visible, usually once every 7-10 days in summer (on sandy soils more often), with much less or no water in cooler months.
- Remember that infrequent, deep watering promotes a healthy lawn.
- Over watering encourages excessive growth, disease and root rot.
- It is best to water in the early morning; night watering is not recommended.