Installing Nara Native Turf| Step By Step Instructions
Having to rip out your whole lawn and start again is the last thing you want to do…
So it pays to lay your Nara Native Turf properly from the start.
- Remove all building waste & weeds
- Spread a free draining soil to a depth of 7-15cm (roots can penetrate much deeper) or loosen ground and mix in appropriate soil conditioners. Phone your supplier for more advice on this option. For sandy soils, simply mix in organic material and rotary hoe.
- Level the surface using a screeding board, lawn leveller or similar device.
- Apply a low analysis fertilizer with an N:P:K of approximately 5:6:5 or lawn starter fertilizer to the surface and incorporate with a rake.
- In hot months, moisten the soil but do not make the soil too wet. Do not lay turf on hot, dry soil.
- Lay the Nara Native Turf as soon as possible after delivery.
- On hot days, lay a section of Nara grass and lightly water. Repeat until all Nara grass is laid. On cool
days, turf can be laid all at once. Roll and water thoroughly within one hour of laying turf.
- Water thoroughly for 7-10 days or until turf is established take care that the water is saturating the soil
beneath the turf. In colder months, the turf will take longer to establish. The turf should not dry out until
roots are established.
When the soil has firmed and the Nara Native Turf has rooted down, usually 3-4 weeks after laying (longer during winter), mow lightly to tidy up the lawn.
When you’re Installing Nara Native Turf simply follow these Step By Step Instructions and you’ll be right.